I have a million things on my to-do list, so of course the first thing I do is sit down and write a post… :)
Thanksgiving is technically tomorrow but I predict being in a vicious tofurkey food coma so here we are… I had a lot to be thankful for this year. I couldn’t always see it, but that’s why this day is so important- taking time to reflect and appreciate the amazing things. So here’s my short list of things I am thankful for…
1. My health.
2. My amazing friends. My strong, beautiful, driven friends. Wonderful women who started a conference series about empowering women in the workplace; who take chances on love even if they are considering moving halfway across the country; who are strong enough to know when it’s time to come home and leave broken things in the past. They are always there for me and I’m so lucky to have them.
3. Two incredible mentors who taught me so much about medicine and compassion, whose lessons I will always carry with me.
4. For the guy that drives me completely up the wall, but is still the person I want to call on my drive home. If I had a penny for every time we’ve fought this year, or for every ridiculous conversation, I’d be rich. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m so glad to have someone like him, who can make me laugh when I’m mad, and who can read paragraphs from my silences.
5. My siblings. My sister and brother are seriously something else. My sister and I don’t always get along, but hell if she doesn’t have my back in all things. And my sweet brother. It’s insane how quickly he’s growing up and maturing into someone I almost don’t recognize, but I can always count on him to be silly and know me better than anyone else.
6. And last but not least… My adorable (and crazy) parents. They do nothing but worry (about all the most ridiculous things too- why is it so important what I had for lunch/dinner, mom???). I know they mean well and I’m so happy to have two strong role models like them.
Happy Thanksgiving, ya’ll.